Moreover, it lowered its dollar revenue growth forecast for 2012-13 to 5 per cent, much lower than 8-10 per cent it had predicted at the end of the March quarter. The sharp revision in revenue growth forecast disappointed investors.
Here is what brokerage firms had to say about the results.
- Results getting from bad to worse
- Pricing versus volumes dynamics at play once again
- INFY huge negative surprise
- Stops giving guidance for next quarter
- Have changed his full year guidance from a RANGE to ATLEAST so one needs to compare the same with the lower end given earlier
- Reduces FY13 guidance to 5 per cent from 8-10 per cent earlier - we were expecting it as 6-8 per cent
- Misses Q1FY13 numbers
- Realization drops by ~3 per cent QoQ is a negative surprise and hence EBITDA lower than estimates.
- Nothing on better utilization of cash yet
- Surely a candidate for earnings & valuation downgrade
- Infosys numbers out and seem disappointing on both actual numbers and guidance.
- Infosys not given a Q2 guidance 1st time
- Language for the FY guidance has changed materially
- Infosys numbers very disappointing
- No buy back announcement and guidance is fairly bad
- Decline in revenue is because of cancellation of order From Europe
- EBIDTA margins come off because of lower pricing
- Hiring guidance unchanged at 35,000
- Q1 results disappoint
- Full year US dollar revenue guidance likely lower than what market expected, in line with our view
- Looks like quarterly guidance has been stopped
- Q1 USD revenue growth $1,752m, lower by 1 per cent QoQ, but up 4.8 per cent YoY,
- Full year USD revenue guidance is in line with our estimates, but lower than Street. We have a 5.5 per cent YoY revenue growth estimate. Street was expecting a 1-2 per cent cut mainly due to cross currency impact (Appreciation of US dollar against Pound, Euro and Australian dollar)
- Full year EPS at Rs 166.46, revised up by only 4 per cent from Rs 160 earlier, but up 14 per cent on YoY. This is lower than street expectations of approximately Rs170
- Cut in revenue guidance higher than expected
- Company has missed their constant Currency revenue guidance
- 1st impression of dollar revenue quite weak
- Margins of 28 per cent is 300 bps or3 per cent below estimates
- Expect huge pressure on the stock