Here are the stocks to track today.
1) Reliance Infrastructure: Shares in Anil Ambani promoted Reliance Infra were the top losers on the 50-share Nifty index Monday. The company has suspended operations on the high-speed Airport Express metro line it operates in the capital for repairs. (Read more)
2) JSW Steel: The Company has dismissed research firm Credit Suisse report that the Sajjan Jindal promoted firm had understated its debt by Rs 11,900 crore. JSW said the classification of assets and liabilities in its financial statements was in compliance with accounting regulations and consistent with the practice followed by the company. (Read the Credit Suisse report)
3) NTPC, Reliance Power, Lanco: Uttar Pradesh has proposed a power tariff hike for most segments except for domestic users. NTPC has about 8000 MW capacity in UP, Reliance Power has about 1300 MW capacity, while Lanco has over 600 MW power capacity in UP. Domestic sector comprise 45% of power usage. Industrial and agriculture comprise 30% and 20% of power usage respectively.
4) IGL: The state run gas utility company has hiked CNG prices in the national capital and adjoining towns by a steep Rs 2.90 per kg, the third increase this year. The increase was necessitated because of fall in value of rupee and rise in cost of imported gas, IGL said.
5) BF Utilities: The Supreme Court has asked Karnataka to handover the Nandi project land to the company.
6) Glenmark: Credit Suisse has recommended outperform rating on the drug maker and raised the target by 15% to Rs 430 saying the firm had reduced its net debt by $55 million in FY12.
7) Coal India: The PSU's board will meet tomorrow to finalize various issues, including changes in the penalty clause of new model FSAs. The coal major is also likely to take up the PMO's directions on import of coal.
8) Hindustan Zinc: Vedanta chairman has said the government is yet to respond on residual stake in the company. Vedanta's offer is as per terms of the agreement, and is open to discussions with the government on the offer, Vedanta said.
9) Globus Spirit: The Company is likely to bag an order from Army Canteen Stores Department.
10) Jaypee Infra: It is likely to get the final nod to start Yamuna Expressway this week.
Disclaimer: Some of the information is based on the buzz in the stock market and on secondary information. Readers should use discretion before using the information.