BSE Code: | NSE Symbol: | ISIN: | Sector:
- Add to Portfolio
- Add to Watchlist
- Add to Alert
Aditya Birla Nuvo, an AV Birla Group company traces its origin to a modest beginning with the acquisition of Indian Rayon Corporation Limited, a viscose filament yarn manufacturing unit, in 1963.
Aditya Birla Nuvo is now a diversified conglomerate and the platform that has launched many new businesses for India?óÔé¼Ôäós premier business house, the Aditya Birla Group. Aditya Birla Nuvo has a balanced portfolio of traditional and new age businesses under its fold, ranging from textiles to life insurance.
The Aditya Birla Group is in the league of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of 130,000 employees, belonging to 25 different nationalities. In India, the Group has been adjudged 'The Best Employer in India and among the top 20 in Asia' by the Hewitt-Economic Times and Wall Street Journal Study 2007.
Over 50 per cent of the Group's revenues flow from its overseas operations. The Group operates in 25 countries: India, UK, Germany, Hungary, Brazil, Italy, France, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Australia, USA, Canada, Egypt, China, Thailand, Laos, Indonesia, Philippines, Dubai, Singapore, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Malaysia and Korea.
The razor sharp focus on each business has made it a leading player in most segments, including viscose filament yarn, carbon black, branded garments, agri business, textiles and insulators. Over the past few years, Aditya Birla Nuvo, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, has made successful forays into life insurance, telecom, business process outsourcing (BPO), IT services, asset management and financial services.
Powered by an intellectual capital of over 37,000 employees and an optimum mix of revenue and profit streams, the company is in a strong position to invest in high growth businesses to maximise long-term shareholder gains.
Business area of the company includes:
Viscose Filament Yarn - Indian Rayon - Indian Rayon, a major player in the Indian viscose filament yarn business, is the second largest producer of viscose filament yarn (VFY) in India with a 30 per cent domestic market share.
Garments - Madura Garments - Indian Rayon, a major player in the Indian viscose filament yarn business, is the second largest producer of viscose filament yarn (VFY) in India with a 30 per cent domestic market share.
Carbon Black - Hi-Tech Carbon - -Tech Carbon, the carbon black business of Aditya Birla Nuvo, is the second largest producer of Carbon Black in India, covering 33 per cent of the domestic market share.
Agri solutions - Indo Gulf Fertilisers ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ It is the first company to introduce the principles of Six Sigma in the agricultural fields, Indo Gulf aims at providing complete agri solutions to farmers with unique value-added products and services.
Textiles - Jaya Shree Textiles - A leading player in the domestic linen and worsted yarn segment, Jaya Shree Textiles has revolutionised the Indian textile market by popularising linen across a wide customer base with the brand Linen Club.
Insulators - Aditya Birla Insulators- Aditya Birla Insulators, India's largest manufacturer of high-performance insulators, has leveraged the power of reliability, to provide world-class insulating solutions to the power industry.
Joint ventures and subsidiaries:
- Idea Cellular Limited, the fifth largest mobile telephony service provider in India
- Birla Sun Life Insurance, one of the leading life insurance companies in India
- Birla Sun Life Asset Management, one of the leading asset management companies in India
- Aditya Birla Minacs Worldwide Limited, among the top five BPO players in the country by revenue size.
1956 to 1966: Aditya Birla Nuvo traces its origins to a modest beginning with the acquisition of Indian RayonCorporation Limited, a viscose filament yarn manufacturing unit, in 1963.
1976 to 1988: This period saw the diversification of the company to include businesses like textiles, insulators,cement and carbon black. The company is renamed as Indian Rayon and Industries Limited.
1998 to 2004: The journey continues - the company goes through a spate of acquisitions and joint ventures tobring into its fold new businesses like garments, life insurance, IT services, BPO and insulators.
2005 to 2007: Indian Rayon's new identity as Aditya Birla Nuvo marks the transformation of a manufacturingcompany into a premium conglomerate with diversified businesses. Its tagline of strong foundation, energised growth reflects the company's thrust on growth and creation of value.
2008: Promoter infused Rs 341.30 crore on conversion of 17 lakh warrants and Rs 377.40 crore as 10 percent application money on 1.88 crore warrants in March 2008.
2009: Acquired 76 percent stake in Apollo Sindhoori, a retail broking firm, for Rs 251.60 crore in Feb- Mar 2009.
2009: Acquired balance 50 percent stake in Birla Sunlife Distribution for Rs 7.60 crore in March 2009.
2010: Greenfield carbon capacity expansion from 230,000 mtpa to over 3 lakh mtpa at Patalganga.
2011: Aditya Birla Nuvo?óÔé¼Ôäós subsidiary Aditya Birla Minacs, a global business solutions provider has opened its second delivery centre at Makati City in the Philippines.
- Aditya Birla Nuvo won the most admired company of the year at Clothing Manufacturers Association Of India (CMAI) Awards 2008 under domestic category.
- In the carbon black segment it was awarded TPM Excellence award (II Category) from JIPM, Japan.
- Aditya Birla Insulators won the Golden Peacock National Quality Award in the manufacturing category.
- In the textiles segment it received the first prize by the Government of India for best energy conservation measures.
- In the BPO segment it was awarded Innovation Award by CIO magazine 2007.
As a leading player, Aditya Birla Nuvo ranks as:
- India's second largest producer of viscose filament yarn (VFY)
- The country's largest premium branded apparel company
- The second largest producer of carbon black in India
- Largest manufacturer of linen fabric in India
- Among the most energy efficient fertiliser plants
- India?óÔé¼Ôäós largest and the world?óÔé¼Ôäós fourth largest producer of insulators.